Monday, April 6, 2009
I made Curtains!!!
Okay so for me to make curtains it's a big accomplishment! But, I am so happy with how this room has turned out!!! For 10 years I have wanted my Den to look more sophisticated and I knew it neeeded some major help and window treatments. In order to get a curtain rod that fits a bay window you have to have it custom made so that was an ordeal. I had to take it back and have them cut it down a second time (it didn't fit the first time). Then I had to search to find a store with 5 sets of the SAME curtain rings. I found some at Ross I liked but they only had two I bought them thinking the other stores would. I visited every Ross in the valley with no luck! Then I found some at Tuesday Morning. They had 3 so they called another store they had the 2 I was so excited!!! Well, I get home get them all ready and they don't FIT! Ah... I was so frustrated! So I finally found 5 LARGE sets that I liked at Smith's Marketplace. This is after a couple of weeks of the curtains being on the floor! So after spending about seriously 5 hours in the fabric store to decide (Sami wanted to KILL ME I took so long). I bring the fabric home.... sew the pillows and curtains.... run all over to find rings and a rod.... about 4 weeks later I have this:



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
it looks so good. i am impressed.
I think it's hard to tell how absolutely gorgeous it turned out from the pictures because of the light but seriously, I love that room! It's beautiful, good job jen!
Thanks!!! I tried! I know the pics suck but that room always has so much light... thus the need for the curtains!
You have a very beautiful home Jen!!
Post a Comment