Every year we make sugar cookies and it just makes it feel like Christmas! I always made them with my mom and sisters and brothers. We always had our own cookie sheet, dough and icing. It was something I always looked forward too and one tradition I am happy to carry on! I am not as ambitious as my mother and don’t make the kids their own batch of dough or icing… they must share! And we always give up icing them all and opt for colored sugar which tastes just as YUMMY!
I have my cute grandson Grayson on Fridays and the kids are out of school early. Even though Natalie is still up in Logan at school, we decided what better day than today to make our cookies!
We had so much fun with these. Sami was great with Gray helping him push the cookie cutters into the dough and making sure we had the even amount of stars and trees and stockings! She loves to cook and hopefully she’ll take this tradition into the next generation…
Getting our Aprons on… very important
Choosing just the “right” cutter…
AH… we found a winner!
Perfect Pressure is the key
Pretty sure he put one knife full on the cookie the rest in his mouth!
Yep…
Diva for sure! Love her!
Zach decided that the cookies were going to be frosted and yummy whether he participated or not so he of course decided to invent something! He actually made some homemade peppermint coca and it too was YUMMY!
THE END…. well til next years cookie time!

No comments:
Post a Comment